Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Update on my dad

My dad and step-mom are headed into Chicago tonight for my dad's surgery which is first thing tomorrow morning. He has to be at Northwestern at 5 am (Chicago time) tomorrow and will have another MRI and surgery will begin at 7:30 am. It will be approximately a 5 hour long surgery and the plan is that he will be in the hospital for 5 days. I am so thankful for the support of so many. Between family and friends someone will be at the hospital each day he is there.

As I mentioned before my dad started some anti-seizure meds and steroids last week. We think that the steroids must be helping with the swelling b/c my dad has been feeling like he is better able to think and I've even noticed some improvement. But with that also comes more clarity about what is about to happen with the surgery, etc. It's just such a hard thing to process. I mean within the course of 1 1/2 weeks my dad not only was shocked with news that he has a brain tumor but will be having brain surgery.



We (Corey, Micah, and I) skyped my dad this morning. It's probably the last time I'll talk to him before he has surgery. It was hard to say good-bye, we were both emotional. Why? It's not good-bye, just see ya next week after the surgery. I really want to be in the hospital while he is there but just couldn't make it work. However, Micah and I will be flying to MI one week from Wed and will be able to spend time with my dad shortly after he gets home.



I'd again ask for your prayers for my dad. Specifically you can continue to pray that the surgery will go smoothly and they can completely remove the tumor, that the tumor will be benign, for a full recovery, and for peace and comfort especially for my dad. I'll give you an update tomorrow as soon as we know anything. Thanks for your prayers! God has answered many of our prayers already!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kasey.
    I know your sister, Shelby, and clicked on your blog to see the update on your dad. I've been praying for your family and hope that all has gone smoothly today. We will continue to pray for his recovery and the family.

    Thinking of you.
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete