Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Surgery Update

Well, my dad arrived in Chicago last night and headed to Northwestern early this morning. He had to be there around 5 am and had an MRI again prior to the surgery. I probably only have bits and pieces of the whole story as I've been back and forth all day with phone calls and texts. But the bottom line is that the surgery went really well! What an answer to prayers!!!!!! The surgeon was able to remove the entire tumor and he does not feel like there will be any motor skill deficits as an effect of the surgery either. The last time I spoke to my step-mom, Jamie, it was about 4 pm (Phoenix time) and my dad was still in recovery and waiting for a room in ICU. They didn't have a room for him yet as they were all full. Jamie was able to go see my dad and he was still groggy from the anesthesia (and probably on some hefty pain meds as well) but was able to have a conversation with her. She said he was doing well and looked great! He will now be recovering in ICU and then spend about 5 days at the hospital. They will biopsy the tumor and will have the results in 5 days as well. Again we are praying it is benign.

Thanks to SO many of you for your concern, thoughts, and prayers. I am so thankful (as I know my whole family is) for the great support we've all received.

No comments:

Post a Comment