Monday, October 14, 2013

To know or not to know....

So I had a 10 week ultrasound back in Aug (8/16/13 to be exact).  During the pregnancy we had decided to not find out the gender of the baby.  We found out with the previous 2 and thought (ok I thought) it would be fun this time to have it be a surprise (Corey didn't so much feel this way but agreed to go along with it).  So, I had my ultrasound and brought home a CD with the images.  The CD was however blank so one month later at my next check up they gave me a new CD with the ultrasound images.  Late that  night I had forgotten that I hadn't shown Corey the ultrasound so we sat down to look at it.  The first image was the one above..typical for a 10 week ultrasound and this was what we expected to see.  So, you can imagine our surprise when we kept flipping and saw the image below with the words FEMALE printed on it.  We were really confused as 10 weeks is really early to eve be able to tell the sex and they hadn't even asked if we wanted to know etc.  What an anticlimactic way to potentially find out our baby is a girl.  So we had kinda decided that at my 20 week ultraound we would just go ahead and find out the gender b/c we already had in our minds that it was going to be a girl and didn't want that big of a surpris.  I just had an appointment this week and wanted to mention to the doc what happened since it still seemed kinda strange.  She thought it was really strange too and wanted to look into it.  To make a long story short(er) she came back and told me that baby #3 ultrasound was done on 8/16/13 however Adelyn's ultrasound was done on 8/1611.  So when I asked for a new CD with the ultrasound images someone just pulled up the date without looking at the year.  Which meant that yes it was a girl b/c we had been looking at Adelyn's ultrasound pictures.  Made much more sense now (and as I was writing this I did realized that the ultrasound pic is dated 2011 but at the time I wasn't looking that closely at it).  So now we are back to really not knowing the gender and I am hoping to keep it that way.  We will see..... 



2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That's crazy! It will be a fun surprise - we loved not knowing - very fun to be so anticipating the birth to know if it's a boy or girl.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need a pregnancy test

    ReplyDelete