Thursday, December 15, 2011

38 weeks pregnant (almost)

Well, I've done a horrible job at keeping updated on this pregnancy so I decided I'd do one more post before the baby arrives. I will be 38 weeks on Sunday so really any day now we are expecting this little girl to arrive. Yes, I do know it could be a couple more weeks however since Micah was early (he was born at 38 weeks) I keep thinking she'll be early too...though that doesn't mean she will. I had my check-up today and all continues to be well. I was not dilated at all but the baby had dropped and the NP could feel her head. I am also strep B+ again which just means I need to get to the hospital early enough to get a dose of IV Penicillin in. She said that they want me to have atleast one dose 4 hours prior to delivery so that I shouldn't wait too long at home. About 3 weeks ago I started having some extreme back pain....I thought it was a pinched sciatic nerve. I expect to be uncomfortable and ache at the end of pregnancy but this was horrible and I had a hard time even moving or functioning. During a bad time I'd be on all 4 crawling!!! That was miserable especially trying to care for Micah (so thankful for our family around here who was able to help me out!!) Anyways, I started physical therapy about 1 week ago and have been doing MUCH better. It turns out that it is my SI (sacroiliac) joint that was not working right and so with some exercises and a belt to wear that keeps the joint in place I'm back in action (well, kinda...) now. I am still sleeping horribly (like if I wake up during the night it will take hours to fall back asleep) however am I'm able to sleep a little better now that I am not in so much pain.

Anyways, I haven't really taken any pictures of myself this time around so I quick snapped one. Most people tell me I look really small for being 9 months pregnant. I have however gained plenty of weight and unfortunately it has just all distributed itself mostly to my lower half!!!! Ugggh...guess I'll worry about losing it later!! :)

So..that's pretty much a quick update on my pregnancy and baby girl. I'm going to try and get another update on Micah in before baby girl arrives as I'm sure life will be a little crazy for a while!!!! I'll keep you posted!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are ready to have that little girl anyday!! So exciting - praying for you guys and look forward to hearing the news. Have a merry Christmas and hope to see you guys in Michigan - probably post-baby!! :)

    ReplyDelete