Friday, September 16, 2011

Micah's art project

(sorry can't get this picture rotated)

So, in an attempt to occupy a little bit of our afternoon the other day Micah made his first "art project". And by occupy a little bit of our time I mean like 2 minutes. And by art project I mean looking through the newspaper for cars/trucks/lawnmowers and dogs (which he loves to do you should see him "read" the paper it is very cute) and cutting them out and taping them on paper and then coloring it. I'm sure it's partly his age and partly b/c he is a boy (though I am sure there are boys who like coloring, etc) but I am not sure he was into it all that much. I am already starting to think of this winter (as the weather this week has turned fall like)and trying to figure out what we will do to occupy our time. If it was just Micah and I we would be fine....we've got bible study, story hour, class at the Y, kids museum, friends, playgroups, etc. However, come Dec/Jan it is not going to be as easy to take a newborn out in the dead of winter. Micah does like to play with his cars and likes to read and likes to do lots of things at home but the problem is he just gets bored after doing these for hours upon end (which I don't blame him). And this summer we have been getting out atleast once if not twice daily. I'm sure we'll figure it out though....and get into a new routine with a baby. :) So anyways, that was our attempt at an art project...more to come I'm sure!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to attempt to make Lane a few sensory boxes that I read about here: http://countingcoconuts.blogspot.com/search/label/Sensory%20Tubs

    He might just end up making a huge mess, but it might keep him occupied. That and I'm going to buy a cheap bag of dried beans because he's really into pouring/dumping/filling - I might clean out our kiddie pool and use it inside this winter to contain the mess! :)

    ReplyDelete